As of Tuesday evening, March 17, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recommended all routine eye care be deferred until further notice in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 throughout our community.We will remain available to triage eye emergencies as well as help you with routine matters during this challenging time.
During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care.• Routine Eye Exams: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment for the remainder of March and early April, we will reschedule your appointment. As of March 18, 2020, we will begin rescheduling routine eye examination appointments for April 15, 2020 and later.
- I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? Please contact us at phone 954-430-7338, text 954-398-5894, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be able extend your prescription during this time and will help you with your eyewear needs.
- I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please contact us at (phone number, text number, email address). We may be able extend your prescription during this time, and/or place an order for your contact lenses and have them shipped to your house.
- I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do? Please contact us at phone 954-430-7338, text 954-398-5894, email email@example.com. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need.
- I have an issue. It cannot wait until you can see me in the office. What can I do? If you have an issue that cannot wait for an office visit, contact us at phone 954-558-5138, text 954-398-5894, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or Telephone appointment with one of our doctors for this type of care during the pandemic. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
- What about an eye emergency? What can I do? If you have an ocular emergency, we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call 954-558-5138 and wait for instructions at the end of the message.
Dr. Iliana Toral OD & Dr Fallahzadeh OD will do their best to accommodate you in the office whenever possible. In some cases, a house call may be possible if you cannot leave your home. If not, we will direct you to the nearest eye emergency facility.
We have asked our staff to stay home until further notice to protect them, our patients, our community, our nation, and our planet. However, dispensing hours may be available, please call 954-430-7338 before showing up. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.